Sunday, March 6, 2011

Two Blondes Walking

Two Blondes Walking. Yea, don't get excited. And I didn't say Two Blondes Running. So don't picture some scene from Bay Watch where Pamela Anderson and her twin BFF jog in slow motion into the camera, hair whipping in the wind, then dive into the waves to rescue some smokin' hot yet distressed swimmer with the perfect tan and a six pack. The two blondes here are just a little different. Me. I am a thirty - something wife and mother of two. And I am not as blonde as I used to be, at least without the help of my fabulous friend, confidant and hair dresser. She keeps me blonde, and for now, I like it. The other blonde here is a 74 pound golden retriever. The pooch. The hound. And we walk together. A lot. If she isn't walked, she gets nutty. She needs to loose some weight...maybe 5-6 pounds. And so do I. Slightly more than 5-6 pounds. Which is what led me to start this blog. You see, I have tried just about everything I know short of surgery to get this weight thing under control, and each attempt has been a failure. I've been a failure. Or so it seems. Just yesterday, while in my amazing life-nutrition coaches office, I tipped the scale at 269 pounds. YIKES! Not the heaviest I have ever been...nuh-uh! But oh good grief, what an awful number to be. So the thought came to me recently. I am blonde. So is my dog. We both need to loose weight. We both walk. Nothing has been super successful so far, so why not try an experiment? Start a blog about walking the blonde. Both of us. Maybe it will do the world some good. Or maybe it will just do me some good. The ground rules. Blatant honesty about my weight progress. No hiding. Beyond that, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment